Deadline: August 28, 2015
The 2015 ONE Africa Award recognizes Africa-driven; Africa led advocacy efforts that have demonstrated success at community, national or regional level. It aims to recognize, reward, and advance the exceptional work of organisations, founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to helping Africa achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Civil society organisations, non-governmental organisations and other groups based in Africa that can demonstrate commitment and success in advocacy to promote the attainment of one or more of the MDGs are invited to apply.
2015 Award Criteria
The 2015 ONE Africa Award recognize best practices by an African organisation or individual addressing social development issues through innovative advocacy in promotion of MDG attainment.
Organisations will be graded in 5 categories and were awarded between 1-10 points in each of these categories:
- Extent to which the organisation has designed and implemented an innovative advocacy program that employs entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to impact in a given sector(s).
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate specific indicators of progress and impact linking work to a given sector(s) in a clear results-oriented framework.
- Demonstration of the ability to replicate efforts of the organisation to take intervention to scale.
- Demonstration of strong internal and constituency accountability mechanisms (i.e. community leadership consultations and involvement in programs to demonstrate the interventions are relevant to the majority of the poor in the target community and empowers them in a sustainable way) along with transparency of operations.
- Extent to which the organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goal(s) and ensure coordination with other development actors. These partnerships may include public and/or private sector players.
How to Apply
Download and complete Application form. Please send your completed application to:
Silver Stream Office Park
1st Floor, Main Building
10 Muswell Road
Or via email to: [email protected]
For more information please visit one.org.