Ernst And Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year Award 2015 (East & West Africa Regions)
Deadlines: August 14th (West Africa) & August 31st (East Africa)
The 5th edition for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year is now open for nominations for East and West Africans. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. This unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programmes in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries.This award seeks to acknowledge innovative entrepreneurs who have created thriving enterprises.
There are two categories open for nominations:
- The Master Entrepreneur category was designed to honour individuals whose outstanding achievements have made them the regions most successful entrepreneurial business leaders.
- The Emerging Entrepreneur category was created to single out and acknowledge individuals who showed exceptional tenacity and determination in building successful enterprises. In the face of adversity.
- The minimum turnover threshold to participate in the emerging category is $5million and $75 million for master category entrepreneurs.
- Master Entrepreneur category: A nominee must be a founder/owner (or joint founder/owner), prima rily responsible for the recent performance of a company that is at least five years old. Founders of listed companies are eligible, provided the founder is still active in senior management. The nominee must own some equity to be eligible. (Min. 35m USD)
- Emerging Entrepreneur category: A nominee must be a founder/owner (or joint founder/owner) primarily responsible for the recent performance of a company that is at least 2-3 years old and the nominee must own some equity to be eligible. . (Min. 5m USD)
- Your business must employ a minimum of 10 employees.
- You may enter individually or as a management team of up to three persons .
- Your business must be based, or have its chief operations, in one of the Eastern Africa countries.
Each year the Master Entrepreneur category country winners from around the world are invited to the global awards celebration in Monte Carlo where they vie for the title World Entrepreneur of the Year. Participants get the following benefits:
- Unrivalled business networking with the highest calibre of entrepreneurial leaders from across the globe.
- Opportunity to explore business development opportunities with the chance to learn more about each region, including meeting senior representatives from the various countries.
- Learning more about the cultural differences when working across borders and how these can make the difference between success and failure to do business.
- “My story” sessions from entrepreneurs on working in and operating in different countries.
- The opportunity to attend a unique personal development session, focused on the challenges of being an entrepreneurial business leader.
- Discussing new sources of nance in the “new normal” economy.
- Learning more about the role of technology and social networking in building and sustaining brands and business.
How to Apply
East Africa Region
- Download, complete and submit the entry form for EY Awards East Africa region.
- To enter or to nominate a person, complete the following steps and email to: hannah.njoroge.ke.ey.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Photocopies permitted for distribution. For more information on the programme, please go to www.ey.com/ke. Your entry must include all of the following:
(I) A completed copy of this entry form Separate pro le (see section 4).
(II) If there is more than one joint entrant, please add them on your profile.
(III)Most recent annual report, or audited accounts with Chairman’s and CEO’s statement.
West Africa Region
- Complete the application form in its entirety and return to the address below. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year application form should be printed , completed and submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject “EOY West Africa 2015 Application Form” or in a sealed envelope labelled “EOY West Africa 2015 Application Form” at any of our offices in Nigeria or Ghana. Please call Oghe on +234 703 602 7844 or Dorothy on +233 244 612 753