Apply as a Delegate to the GIMUN Conference for Youth 2016 – Accra, Ghana
Deadline: November 20, 2015
The GIMUN Team invites young people to attend the Seventh Session of Ghana International Model United Nations Conference (GIMUN) scheduled to take place from 5 – 9 January, 2016 in Accra, Ghana. The conference is organized by GIMUN Team in partnership with the United Nations Information Center, Accra with support from National Union of Ghana Students on the theme, “Pursuing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – Reaffirming the Relevance of the United Nations in Achieving a Comprehensive Global Development Agenda”.
As many young people aspire to work for the world’s biggest peace seeking organization, the United Nations, it is very important that they prepare themselves by building their capacities. They would need to enhance their leadership skills so that, they can become excellent “UN Managers” when given the opportunity in the near future.
Skills in researching, writing, public speaking, listening, debating, lobbying, negotiations and consensus building, and appropriate dressing must be highly exhibited by people working with the United Nations. Young people who possess and enhance such skills are always advantageous since those skills can be applied in their day to day activities.
GIMUN Conference is an opportunity to:
- Meet new people and create friendships with other ambitious young people
- Share ideas on how they can bring their aspirations into realities
- Develop yourself for global assignments
- Receive intensive training
- Stimulating plenary and committee sessions; and diplomatic Lectures by renowned diplomats
- Open to high school and university students
- Young people from across the world are invited to apply
Delegates are allowed to pay their application fees in installments and should communicate accordingly with the officials.
The fee covers the following:
- Accommodation at the official conference hostel for the entire conference period.
- Feeding for the entire period.
- Transportation to all conference destinations.
- A conference branded T-shirt.
- Conference materials including pens, notepads, folders and certificates
How to Apply
- Delegate applications can be completed here.
- Interested persons can register now and pay the applicable conference fees. Full payment of conference fees should be done on or before the 20th November, 2015.
Join GIMUN in Accra; share ideas; build capacities; and help build the world we want.
GIMUN officials in Nigeria can be reached on +2347038782213, +2348064581150, +2347063531634 and officials in Ghana can also be reached on +233500451404. An email can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.