Apply For The 2015 Q14 VSO-ICS Programme in Nigeria
Deadline: August 31, 2015
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) are inviting application for the 2015 Q14 VSO-ICS Programme in Nigeria. This is a three-month youth centered community development programme that brings young people (aged 18-25) from the UK and Nigeria to live and work together.
Each team will typically consist of 20 young people, with equal numbers coming from the UK and the host country. In carefully selected communities, volunteers work in placements fully supported by our implementing partner organisations and two full time VSO ICS programme supervisors.
In carefully selected communities, volunteers work in placements fully supported by our implementing partner organization(s), 2 Team Leaders and a Project Officer. Together in cross-cultural counterpart pairs, volunteers live with host families and work in the host communities. The type of work varies depending upon the needs of the community, but can include service delivery, advocacy work, and peer-to-peer education programs. Through a programme of structured personal development and learning.
VSO ICS does not ask for any specific skills or experience in their volunteers. They do however look for people who show the potential to learn and to become active Global Citizens.
The 7 areas of focus are listed below:
- Applicants MUST be between the ages of 18 to 25
- Positive and realistic commitment to the programme
- A genuine commitment to learning
- Ability to solve problems
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Self confidence
- Ability to work with others in a team
- Sensitivity to the needs of others
In addition volunteers must be able to:
- Treat everyone equally and with respect
- Abide by and respect all laws, both of the UK and of the host country
- Abide by all rules and regulations established by VSO ICS to protect their health and safety
- Always stay within host communities, unless by prior agreement from their Programme Supervisor
- Respect the customs and cultures of host communities and specifically their host families
- Take part in all activities and phases of VSO ICS, including pre- and post-programme
Download the Q14-Cycle-VSO-ICS-application-form-2015 .
Completed forms should be returned to the VSO-ICS Team at 9B Sangha Street, Off Mississippi Crescent, Maitama-Abuja Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit VSO-ICS.