Apply to Participate in the 9th UNESCO Youth Forum 2015 – Paris, France
Deadline: August 31, 2015
Do you have a passion for sustainable development? Are you interested in joining the Youth Forum? Apply now to participate in the 9th UNESCO Youth Forum – Young Global Citizens for a Sustainable Planet, which will take place in Paris, France on the 26th to the 28th October 2015. The forum will bring together over 500 young women and men from all over the world to focus on issues related to sustainable development and global citizenship and ensure that the voices of future generations remain front and centre of the new development agenda.
Discussions at this years’ forum will focus on how young people, committing themselves as global citizens, can contribute to the creation of a sustainable planet. Help shape the 2015 #YouthForum! It’s a unique opportunity to bring #youth concerns to highest decision-making level
- You should be between 18 and 24 years old at the time of the Forum.
- You should be able to show some leadership, engagement or initiative undertaken in your community/country/region or globally, preferably related to:
- the post-2015 process and/or on issues related to the sustainable development goals, with specific focus on education and skills for sustainable development and employability, diversity and culture of peace, or rights and freedoms; OR
- climate change issues, with specific focus on awareness-raising through media, mobilizing traditional knowledge and local environmental management practices, or youth solutions to address climate change;
- You should be able to cover the expenses related to your travel and stay in Paris on the occasion of the Forum. – You should not have participated in previous editions of the Forum.
Selection criteria and process
From 1 to 15 September 2015: The UNESCO Secretariat will review all received applications and make the selection on the basis of the following criteria and considerations:
- The degree of leadership, engagement or initiative undertaken at community/country/regional/global levels, related to the Forum’s themes and sub-themes as outlined above (also see Background Note), including through activism in youth-related structures and networks;
- Overall gender balance among all the Forum’s youth participants;
- Overall regional balance and representation of all UNESCO Member States and Associate Members among all the Forum’s participants;
- Inclusion of disadvantaged and vulnerable groups (particularly from indigenous populations and youth with disabilities)
- Availability of space at the venue of the Forum. 16 to 30 September 2015:
The Secretariat will inform all young women and men who have been selected and will send them official invitation letters.
How to Apply
Documents to provide
- Application form (Click here to apply in English and here to apply in French.)
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of your passport
The online application form is to be filled in, and the accompanying documents uploaded. Should you not have the possibility to submit the form and documents online, please download the form, and return the completed form with the accompanying documents by e-mail to [email protected].
The deadline for the submission of all applications is Monday 31 August 2015, 8.30 am (GMT). Only complete applications received by this date will be considered.
NOTE: All arrangements related to the selected participants’ visa, travel to and from or stay in Paris are to be made by the participants themselves.
For more information, visit 9th UNESCO Youth Forum 2015.