ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship Awards 2015 – Budapest, Hungary
Deadline: Not yet given
ITU has introduced the 2015 ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship Awards, a new awards programme for the most innovative ICT-based startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with high-growth potential working to provide real social impact and contribute to meeting the sustainable development goals.
The award aims to:
- recognize the most impactful and promising high-growth SMEs using ICTs innovatively for social good
- highlight best practices and the cross-fertilization of ideas for innovative socio-economic development
- promote ICT entrepreneurship and innovative ICT solutions for social impact
Awards will be presented in four categories:
- ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship Awards – for the most promising solution, start-up or SME at ITU Telecom World 2015, selected by a jury of experts.
- ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship People’s Choice Award – for the best solution, start-up or SME at ITU Telecom World 2015, as voted for by the event attendees.
- ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship National Award – for the best solution, start-up or SME from Hungary, the host country of ITU Telecom World 2015.
- ITU Telecom World Innovation Champion Award – for the best or most effective government scheme supporting and fostering innovation, entrepreneurship and SMEs in the ICT sector at national or regional level.
The shortlist of winners and the final selection in each category will be announced by the ITU Secretary-General and a jury of leading international experts at the high-profile closing ceremony of ITU Telecom World 2015 on October 15 2015.
Award winners will benefit from:
- Increased visibility at ITU Telecom World 2015
- Global recognition as an innovative ICT4D solutions provider
- Networking access to potential international public and private sector partners and customers
- Opportunity for direct dialogue with governments and policy makers at the highest level
- Leader Pass, free stand and confirmed speaking slot at ITU Telecom World 2016
- All ICT start-ups, entrepreneurs and SMEs exhibiting at ITU Telecom World 2015 in Budapest this October, whether with individual stands or pods, or within national pavilions, are eligible to enter for the Awards Programme.
- Evaluation criteria will include company information, the social impact of your solution, your business model, your potential for scalability and replicability, degree of environmental sustainability, innovative use of ICTs and overall presentation.
NOTE: The online application form and full details of what’s involved will be available here soon.
For more information, visit ITU Telecom World Entrepreneurship Awards.