ITU Young Innovators Competition 2015 – Win a trip to Budapest + Seed Funding!
Deadline: September 8, 2015
ITU Telecom Initiative is currently accepting entries for the 2015 Young Innovators Competition. The Young Innovators Competition is aimed at talented young social entrepreneurs using technology creatively to meet a range of real-life developmental challenges.
The ITU Telecom World Young Innovators Competition and Intel are looking for entrepreneurs with innovative ideas on how to apply the latest generation of single board computers and controllers to social causes. Solutions could be based on tools such as Intel Edison and Intel Galileo, applied in the form of wearables, embedded devices, Internet of Things solutions or other applications which can be used to improve people’s lives.
- Two winners will be invited to join ITU Telecom World 2015 in Budapest, Hungary, October 12-15, 2015 to pitch their ideas, participate in workshops, benefit from a year of ongoing mentorship, and win seed funding.
- As a special prize for the best five solutions of this challenge, Intel will provide Intel Galileo and Intel Edison units to allow the innovators to develop their solutions, along with expert coaching to our winners, helping them prototype and launch their ideas.
- Intel Galileo and Intel Edison will also be distributed to a select group of other promising projects.
They are looking for gifted young entrepreneurs with ideas for innovative social enterprises.
- Applicants must be older than 18 and younger than 30 years old at the time of entry.
- The Competition is open to individuals from Members States of the ITU.
- Applicants may work with other individuals or teams of individuals but only the founder of a start-up or the submitter of the contribution will be eligible for winning the Competition.
- Winning projects of previous Young Innovators Competitions are not eligible to be considered for an award
- Applicants must not be an employee (or member of an employee’s family or household) of ITU nor holding an offer for future employment with ITU.
How to Submit
- Got a great idea? Sign in or register here.
- Post your innovative startup using single board driven devices, whether wearables or connected technology in ways that help society!
For more information, visit ITU Young Innovator’s Competition.