Chevening Masters Scholarship to Study at any UK University 2016/2017
Deadline: November 3, 2015
Applications for the 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships to study in the UK are now open. Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni.
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. It offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016
- Provide two references. References are an integral part of the selection process. If you do not submit two references then your application will not be considered.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
How to Apply
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if already met the requirements)
- UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 14 July 2016.
For more information and to apply, visit Chevening Scholarships.