Three Dot Dash Global Teen Leaders Program 2016 – New York City, USA (Fully-funded)
Deadline: September 11, 2015
Three Dot Dash is looking for Global Teen Leaders (GTLs) who are doing extraordinary work that helps meet one or more of the basic human needs: food, water, health, shelter, education, safety and the environment — thus, creating a more peaceful society. The GTLs will attend the 2016 Just Peace Summit taking place from March 5 – 11, 2016 in New York City.
GTLs are carefully selected through a Nomination Process and invited to attend the Just Peace Summit and participate in the yearlong Three Dot Dash Initiative. This year, 25 — 35 Global Teen Leaders will be selected to participate in Three Dot Dash 2016.
About Three Dot Dash
Three Dot Dash® is a global initiative of the We Are Family Foundation® designed to recognize and support the efforts of Global Teen Leaders around the world who are actively working on projects that promote a more peaceful society. Inspired by the late 13-year-old poet and peacemaker Mattie J.T. Stepanek, Three Dot Dash is an innovative year-round leadership and mentoring program that teaches teen leaders how to “tell their stories” effectively using various forms of media, current technology and distribution methods in order to accelerate their leadership potential, advance their projects, mobilize peers and amplify their work to broader audiences around the world to take action.
Three Dot Dash will kick-off each year with a weeklong summit entitled “Just Peace.” The Just Peace Summit is designed to provide the tools GTLs need to further their work and amplify their messages globally.
Travel, hotel and food will be provided by WAFF for each GTL.
GTL Nominees must meet ALL of the following requirements to be nominated and to participate in Three Dot Dash:
- Be nominated by an approved Three Dot Dash Coalition Partner, GTL Alumni or Mentor; as well as Educational Institutions. In addition, any organization that is not an NGO, but has a Corporate Social Responsibility program or philanthropic division.
- Be between the ages of 13 — 19 at the time of the Just Peace Summit.
- Be the founder, co-founder or leader of an organization or project that has significantly addressed one or more basic human needs in their communities and/or globally.
- Speak and write English proficiently.
- Be able to travel to the United States and participate during the entire Summit — there are no exceptions.
- Qualified Nominators may nominate more than one GTL.
- Nomination does not guarantee acceptance to Three Dot Dash.
- Ten (10) GTLs will be selected as “Alternates” in the event selected GTLs are unable to participate for any reason.
- Three Dot Dash Just Peace Summit is hosted by the We Are Family Foundation® (WAFF).
If you have any questions about the nomination, please email us at: [email protected].
For more information, visit Three Dot Dash.