Deadline: August 31, 2015
Are you a creative mind that likes translating messages into images? Are you just kicking off your career in professional video-production? Young freelancer or entrepreneur in video-production, this is your chance: show what “Young people changing the world” means for you and work with (and for) UNESCO to give image and sound to the vibe of the 9th UNESCO Youth Forum!
From 26 to 28 October 2015, UNESCO is organizing the 9th UNESCO Youth Forum on the theme “Young Global Citizens for a Sustainable Planet”.The 9th UNESCO Youth Forum will bring together over 500 young women and men from all over the world to focus on issues related to sustainable development and global citizenship. The forum culminates in a series of recommended actions to be presented at the UNESCO General Conference and to further shape local youth-led work.
This call is open to:
- Youth-led video production companies with a minimum 2-years of professional video- production activity.
- Young freelance videographers with a minimum 2-years of professional video-production activity and with proven experience working within a video-production team
All applicants (either individual or within the applying companies) must meet the following criteria:
- Be between 22-27years old (inclusive) at the time of the Forum.
- Minimum 2-year experience of professional video-production activity, preferably within a team.
- Degree in Communication or Journalism
- Capacity to ensure the following film and production equipment and specifications:
(i) Shoot and deliver for 16:9 aspect ratio.
(ii)Shoot in Full HD 1920×1080 if possible, otherwise shoot SD and up-press to 1920x1080in post-production.
(iii) Audio and interviews should be recorded by external microphones, either lavaliers, reporter or shotgun-microphone.
How to Enter
Submit the following to [email protected]
- A video-production of maximum 3 minutes on the theme “Young people changing the world.”
- Your CV/portfolio and samples of your work
- Examples of experience of working within/as member of a video-production team (if applying as a freelancer)
For more information visit UNESCO Video Competition.