2016 Hilti Mobile App Competition -Win a 5-Day Trip to USA, Malaysia or Liechtenstein.
Deadline: December 16,2015
Hilti Corporation invites applications for the 2016 Mobile App Competition. This competition focuses on mobile app design ideas that will enhance the digital experience of Hilti customers and employees.
Mobile devices have become an increasingly important part of everyday life in today’s world. Among other uses, they provide access to information and help to organize daily work routines. At Hilti, mobile apps play a vital role in supporting employee productivity. For customers, the user-centric Hilti mobile apps aim to provide a platform for simple, immediate access to on-the-spot information on Hilti products and services.
This is open to students (from both universities and technical colleges) and graduates. The participation of interdisciplinary teams is highly desired.
- Topic 1: Mobile app for enhancing the productivity of Hilti’s sales force
- Topic 2: Mobile app for marketing and/or selling Hilti products
- Topic 3: Mobile app as a service or product for Hilti customers
For details on each topic: please read the competition guidelines
- 1st place: a once-in-a-lifetime trip. The winning team of up to five people will receive air fare and a five-night stay at one of Hilti’s strategic IT locations: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Plano/Tulsa, USA or Schaan, Liechtenstein. The trip will be arranged on the basis of the winning team’s home country. The team members will have the opportunity to learn about Hilti IT services and to build their Hilti network.
- 2nd and 3rd place: a piece of Hilti. Each 2nd and 3rd place team member will be awarded a Hilti power tool.
- All finalists: internships. Each finalist will have access to a fast-track application process to a paid internship. The internship provides finalists with the chance to further develop their idea and to bring it to life at Hilti.
How to Enter
- Registration: Participating teams must register via e-mail with every team member contact details (full name, contact number, e-mail, university, nationality, and mentor (if applicable)) to [email protected] by October 16, 2015
- Choose a competition topic. Decide the scope of your topics (the idea, front end, back end, any special algorithm(s), etc.). You may choose from the following platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, mobile web) and you may use the programming language of your choice. For more details on Hilti, the relevant processes, products and services go to Hilti Online (https://www.hilti.com).
- Submissions: Participants should submit their prototype with a presentation document by December 16, 2015. Your presentation document should explain the purpose of your idea and how it supports Hilti and our customers. Use an illustrative and attractive way to present typical application situations, a proposal for the design and the benefits your idea will bring Hilti. Feel free to make reasonable assumptions about the technical requirements as needed.
- On-site workshop: Finalists selected from all submissions will be invited to an on-site workshop and award ceremony at Hilti Asia IT Services Sdn. Bhd., in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Submission deadline: December 16, 2015
- Semifinals: January 11, 2016
- Final round invitation: January 15, 2016
- Final competition: February 21-25, 2016
For more information visit Hilti Mobile App Competition