World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 – Washington DC, USA
Deadline: October 3, 2015
Applications are invited from young people around the world for the World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015. Young people are called to use their knowledge and creativity to crowd-source solutions for climate change that contribute to growth and development in developing and emerging countries. Under the motto “If Not Us Then Who: Crowd-Sourcing Solutions for Climate Change”, the event will gather exceptional future leaders to share knowledge and provoke discussions on to inspire communities everywhere to take action.
Youth Summit 2015 will feature a live competition in which selected young professionals will present business or policy proposals on Innovative ideas on how to mainstream climate change and achieve development needs in a specific World Bank Group client country. The goal of this competition is to motivate youth to work and design the most promising and dynamic proposals to mainstream climate change while achieving development objectives.
The winning individual or the team captain will be invited to come to Washington DC and present his/her proposal to a live audience and a jury of field experts. Transportation costs and accommodation will be paid by the Youth Summit.
The jury will select the winning proposal which will be announced at the closing ceremony along with a People’s Choice Winner determined by the audience. Prizes for the winning teams will be announced closer to the competition date.
- The competition is open to nationals of all countries of the world.
- Participants can be individuals or teams of up to 5 people.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 to 35 at the time of submission.
- Entries are encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation (working professionals, students, NGO leaders, government officials, start-up creators, technical experts or any other).
- World Bank Group employees and their families are also allowed to participate.
- Participants must submit proposals that provide business or policy level ideas (or a combination of both) on how to tackle climate change impacts and achieve development needs in a specific country.
- Completed proposals must be submitted via the Youth Summit email account: [email protected] with the subject line, “WBG Youth Summit 2015 Climate Change Competition.”
- Each team or individual may only submit one proposal.
- In order for your proposal to qualify it must:
- Be between 2,000 – 3,000 words in length;
- Be submitted in English;
- Be submitted as one PDF, less than 10 MB;
- Include a filled out Youth Summit Title Sheet.
Before submitting a proposal, please review the full details in the World Bank Group Youth Summit 2015 Competition Rules and Regulations.
For more information, visit World Bank Group Youth Summit.