Enter the Startup Open Global Competition 2015
Deadline: September 14, 2015
Startup Open is a global competition to identify and recognize startups founded between Global Entrepreneurship Week 2014 and Global Entrepreneurship Week 2015. A startup moment can be when a business is incorporated, doors open for business, a first sale is completed, outside funding is secured, or something else that can be interpreted as the company is “open for business.”
Startup Open recognizes the GEW 50 – the 50 most promising ventures from around the world – based on their growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills. Those 50 companies will then compete for a handful of prizes with the winners announced during GEW, November 16-22, 2015. Applicants will have until September 14 to submit their startup. The GEW 50 will be announced in October and the Startup Open winner will be announced during GEW.
- One winner of Startup Open receives an all expenses paid trip to Medellín, Colombia where they will receive VIP delegate credentials to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in March 2016. The GEC brings together entrepreneurs, investors, global leaders and startup champions from more than 100 counties.
- As part of the experience, the Startup Open winner will have the opportunity to: showcase their startup on a global scale; gain valuable insight from successful and experienced entrepreneurs; hear from and meet world leaders, economists and other experts regarding programs, policies and research aimed at advancing entrepreneurship; and, experience all Medellín has to offer that makes it an emerging hub for innovation and creativity.
- In addition to the Grand Prize GEC experience, the winner of Startup Open will receive a once in a lifetime mentorship experience with established entrepreneurs. These mentors will help startups build their business, make key connections in their industry and assist entrepreneurs with the knowledge they’ve gained over the years.
- It is open to any entrepreneur who has just or is about to start a new venture with a “startup moment” between November 23, 2014, and November 16, 2015.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- All application must be submitted in English.
Create an iStart account.
For more information, visit Startup Open Global Competition.