Job Openings Within the European Climate Foundation
Deadline: October 11, 2015
Applications are now being received for jobs within the European Climate Foundation. The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to promote climate and energy policies that greatly reduce Europe’s greenhouse gas emissions and to help Europe play a stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The ECF is part of the international ClimateWorks Network that shares goals, strategies and resources to address the global challenge of climate change mitigation with a global network of aligned organisations.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytic approach to work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
Position and Responsibilities
The Finance and Economics cluster is looking for a committed and energetic professional to support its programme. The selected candidate will be based in Berlin, work full-time and report to the Associate Strategic Planning. The candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- General administrative duties as a significant proportion of the work, including travel bookings, diary management, expenses etc.;
- Organising and administering grantee partnerships;
- Supporting the drafting of terms of reference for projects and the assessment of proposals;
- Supporting the preparation of grant documentation for Board meetings;
- Supporting the organisation of internal and external meetings and events;
- Supporting research activities;
- Preparing agendas, taking minutes of meetings and calls, assisting in the preparation of presentations and reports;
- Performing other day-to-day duties as required.
The compensation is competitive. It also offers a challenging position with great possibilities for professional development and an excellent work atmosphere.
The ideal candidate possesses the following professional qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
- At least two years of college or university degree;
- Excellent analytical, writing, editing and communications skills in English;
- Aptitude with outlook, excel, word and powerpoint;
- Proven ability to work in and adapt to fast changing and pressured environments;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, demonstrated strengths in cross-organisation collaboration;
- Ideally some work experience in an international environment;
- Ideally some experience in working with grant-making and fundraising;
- Ideally some experience of climate change issues in a professional setting;
- Positive attitude, flexibility and willingness to help;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interest in the mission of the European Climate Foundation.
- To apply, send your CV and cover letter in English to: [email protected]
- Please indicate ‘Recruitment – (job title)’ in the Subject line. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Germany in case applicable.
For more information, visit Job at European Climate Foundation.