2016 Central and West Africa Peace Fellowship – Kribi, Cameroon
Deadline: October 31, 2015
Applications are now open for the Peace Revolution Central and West Africa Peace Fellowship taking place from 19-23 March 2016 in Kribi, Cameroon. Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work?
Peace Revolution once again, offers you the opportunity to develop a strong peace culture based on the principle of Peace In Peace Out. In cognizance of the special need to develop young peace activists who can respond to the needs of the continent, Peace Revolution will once again host an exclusive regional fellowship for countries in Central and West Africa in Cameroon.
After our successful West Africa Fellowship in Senegal, we are embarking in this experience with you again in Cameroon.
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 day intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management and non-violent communication
- Self -discipline and Human Rights
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society
- Full or partial sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Meditation retreat fee of 100 USD
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-30 years old.
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa as mentioned below
- Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by October 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations.
- Candidates should send a recommendation letter from their organizations.
- The deadline for submission of application form is 10th October, 2015.
For more information, visit Central and West Africa Peace Fellowship.