2016 LDI Africa Emerging Institution Fellowship Program
Deadline: November 30, 2015
Applications are now open for LDI Africa Spring 2016 Emerging Institution Fellowship Program. Emerging Institution Fellowship Program connects global professionals to serve Africa’s best profit and nonprofit organizations. Fellows serve organizations such as One Acre Fund in Malawi, Startup Your Life in Morocco, and Generational Enterprise in Nigeria. During this yearlong program while making a difference on the continent, Fellows receive travel assistance, medical insurance and a paid work-placement opportunity. This program is ideal for a global professional seeking on the ground experience in an emerging market particularly – Africa. The goal of the program is to help overseas professionals embrace long term career opportunities on the continent
Fellows come to the EIFP with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. However, all fellows are required to have an undergraduate degree, a commitment to excellence, and be fluent in English. Host organizations may also designate other specific skill requirements for their Fellows. Other requirements include:
- Two to ten years of professional experience.
- Early to mid-level professional with interest in/familiarity with emerging markets.
- Professional background in business, management consulting, strategy, finance, and social enterprise and international development.
Note: The EIFP Fellowship is open to all nationalities, not just Africans.
LDI Africa through its EIFP recruits organizations that are doing excellent work particularly in the financial and investment industries across Africa. Partners range from mid-level to large global institutions; with capital investment of $200,000 and above.
While working with their organization, Fellows enjoy the following benefits and more;
- Experience the growth of Africa’s most innovative businesses
- Direct exposure to emerging markets
- Paid positions, housing and travel
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Potential consulting, employment and seed capital investment after fellowship
- Access to the global LDI Africa network
How to Apply
A complete application includes: application form, a resume, a cover letter and two letters of recommendation. Complete the online application form here.