2016 LDI Africa Broad Street Fund Fellowship – USA
Deadline: November 8, 2015
Applications are now open for the LDI Africa Broad Street Fund Fellowship Program! The Broad Street Fund Fellowship (BSFF) is named after Broad Street in Lagos Nigeria, one of Africa’s largest financial districts. The program is a collaboration between two international award winning fellowships, Emerging Institutions Fellowship Program (EIFP), and Frontier Markets Scout Fellowship (FMS) that support leadership in impact investing, emerging markets and social enterprise.
Fellows acquire professional certificate training in impact investing and social enterprise, and are provided with mentors, funding, advisors, operating space and technical partners in the United States. After completing the 3 week management training in Washington DC, Fellows have the opportunity to become candidates for fellowship positions with social ventures, or impact funds in capacities such as operations, management or financial modeling for a period of up to one year. Fellows also have the opportunity to work on growing their businesses utilizing the operating space provided by the Broad Street Fund in Washington DC.
- A business or social enterprise leader who is 45 years old or younger.
- Owner of an early stage business or social enterprise based in/or focused on an emerging market country.
- Business has the potential/capacity to export or expand to an international market, which could be in the form of products or services.
- Commitment to returning to his/her home country after the fellowship.
- African diaspora leaders in the U.S. and around the world are encouraged to apply.
- Dual Professional Fellowship awarded by LDI Africa Fellowship & FMS Fellowship
- Academic Certificate in Impact Investing and Social Enterprise awarded by Middleburg Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
- Access to funding (Equity, Debt and Grant)
- Business formation and expansion support in Washington DC
- Permanent business space and address in Washington DC
- Banking, legal, technical and management assistance for doing business in the U.S.
- Access our global network of Advisors, Mentors, Investors and Thought Leaders.
How to Apply
A complete application includes: application form, a resume, a cover letter and two letters of recommendation. Complete the online application form here.