Apply For: The Vocal Fellowship For Innovators & Entrepreneurs (USD $30,000 Fund)
Deadline: October 23, 2015
The Voqal Fellowship is a talent and technology accelerator for tomorrow’s social entrepreneurs. The search is on for young entrepreneurs, change-makers and thought leaders who want to get off the treadmill and launch their next “big idea” that will transform progressive politics or remedy a social inequity. The Voqal Fellowship is an opportunity for young innovators to test assumptions, research target audiences and build strong business plans.
The Fellowship is designed to further progressive, social justice-oriented causes. Ideal applicants will have a specific issue or challenge they are looking to address over the course of their fellowship. Projects can be broad in scope, or a simple tool that will help resolve a social inequity or lead to progressive social change.
- Voqal Fellows will receive a $30,000 stipend and will be expected to complete a project in six months.
- Fellows are paired with a mentor, a professional well established in the fellow’s field who is available to share his or her expertise and provide support.
- Candidates must have three-to-five years of work experience and may not be currently enrolled in a graduate program. The fellowship is intended to provide an opportunity to build out an idea or concept that would not be possible to accomplish with a full-time job.
- Qualifying fellows may also be eligible to receive an additional stipend to help offset the cost of personal health insurance.
- Ideal candidates for the fellowship are driven, tech-savvy social change agents who thrive under self-direction.
- Candidates should be creative thinkers with a track record of advancing social change and/or using innovative solutions to help communities.
For more information, visit Voqal Fellowship.