Deadline: December 15, 2015
The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
How to Apply
To Apply for this scholarship, you need to complete and submit the online eligibility form on or before December 15, 2015. Further application instruction will be provided by the P.E.O scholarship committee.
December 15, 2015: Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
March 1, 2016: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended
For more information, visit PEO International.