Hot Job: Africa Correpondent at the Guardian
Deadline: October 18, 2015
Send in applications now! The Guardian is looking for an Africa correspondent to report on Africa for all Guardian platforms, including daily news and analysis, news features, multimedia, and material for non-news sections as required. Based in Johannesburg and with excellent contacts in and knowledge of Africa, you will work closely with the international editors to identify and develop news stories with national and international impact, and find the best possible ways of telling these in an engaging way for our readers.
- Produce content (text, audio etc) for all GNM platforms;
- Work with international editors to identify and develop the best possible content;
- Keep international editors informed of stories in development;
- Help develop innovative techniques and styles of digital storytelling;
- Keep up to date with the thinking on issues relating to their specialist area and work with international editors to translate this into the best possible content;
- Develop and maintain contacts in specialist area and through them develop exclusive and original material where possible;
- Collaborate on stories by other reporters where they require specialist input;
- Work with other correspondents on collaborative reporting projects.
The Salary is competitive.
- Ideal candidate will have prior journalistic experience, working in a fast-moving news environment, preferably for a national newspaper or respected publication (print or online).
- Candidate should have strong knowledge of and interest in the issues affecting Africa together with proven writing skills.
- Candidate will be comfortable working to tight deadlines, bringing in their own exclusive stories and generating fresh ideas and angles.
- Understanding of how to use social media and multimedia a strong advantage.
Login to apply.
For more information, visit The Guardian Job.