‘Media Manager’ Job Opening -Ashoka Changemakers
Ashoka Changemakers is looking to hire a Media Manager. The Media Manager will serve as a central communications liaison between the Changemakers team, the broader Ashoka team and external stakeholders. This individual will develop and execute innovative media strategies with the support of content creators, and build high-impact partnerships across the media and storytelling sector.
Job location: Arlington, VA, USA.
- Designing and implementing the media strategy for Changemakers partnerships geared at finding and activating networks of innovators working towards solving big social challenges
- Producing and guiding the development of high-quality written and multimedia content that feeds our awareness campaigns and media strategy, in close collaboration with a team of content creators and social media strategists
- Building media partnerships with key individuals, media companies, and publications that help leverage storytelling for social impact
- Leveraging opportunities in Ashoka’s existing programmatic work, such as Changemaker Schools, Start Empathy, Ashoka U, Framework Change, and country offices
Successful candidates will possess most of the following skills and experiences:
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with media, storytelling, and technology, in some combination of the same
- Exceptional strategist and problem solver with strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Has knowledge of techniques for disseminating information through various channels of communication including print, web, email, and new social media channels
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change
How to Apply
You can either apply for or nominate someone here: http://tinyurl.com/ashokamediamgr. Candidates will be evaluated by Kris Herbst, Director Community for Ashoka Changemakers.
About Ashoka Changemakers
Ashoka Changemakers is an Ashoka program that uses the power of open challenges and social innovation knowledge—coupled with Ashoka’s network of social entrepreneurs and impact partners—to connect high-potential change makers in order to accelerate the rate of change for critical social issues. Network members support each other, collaborate, and collectively achieve much more than the sum of their parts.
Ashoka has several openings ranging from job openings to internships, volunteer positions and leadership opportunities. Please visit Ashoka Openings for complete listings.
For more information, visit Ashoka Changemakers Media Manager Opening