UNAOC is Hiring a Youth Programme Consultant
Deadline: November 1, 2015
In preparation for its Seventh Global Forum, UNAOC is hiring a short term (November 20, 2015-April 30, 2016) consultant. United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) is an initiative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, which responds to a broad consensus across nations, cultures and religions that all societies are interdependent, bound together in their development and security, and in their environmental, economic and financial well-being.
In April 2016, the Alliance and the Host Government of Azerbaijan will organize the Seventh Global Forum of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations. Nearly 3,000 participants (state and non-state representatives) are expected to take part in the Forum and engage in various working sessions, side events, pre-Forum Youth Event, plenaries and other important sessions.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, public administration, development or another related field.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the project support or project management.
- Experience in facilitation and/or organization of large-scale events, preferably at the international level.
- Knowledge of the youth issues and civil society organizations working in the area of youth.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of youth participation, youth policy and advocacy work in the United Nations or other international platforms.
- Familiarity with the United Nations Organization, its mandate, main areas of work; United Nations agencies, entities and departments; current priorities issues, including post 2015 agenda and prevention of violent extremism.
1) Pre-Forum Youth Event:
- Assist in processing Youth Event applications, screening, filing and selecting top applicants, based on the set of criteria;
- Draft templates and database sheets for easy record and use of the selected applicants’ data;
- Draft and circulate announcements, updates on logistics and programme of the Youth Event to the selected youth;
- Assist in the selection of Youth Event facilitators and resource persons;
- Provide logistical and coordination support during the Youth Event;
- Participate in the conference calls of the Forum Organizing committee and follow up on the various logistical assignments determined by the organizers.
2) Forum Breakout sessions:
- Assist in drafting concept notes for the breakout sessions of the Seventh Global Forum, focusing on youth issues;
- In line with the approved Forum Programme, conduct basic research on youth policies and priority areas, compile data and research names of experts and personalities which may be invited to contribute to the sessions focusing on youth issues;
- Participate in the conference calls of the Forum Organizing committee and follow up on the various logistical assignments determined by the organizers;
- Provide logistical and coordination support during the Forum.
3) Perform other relevant duties as required by UNAOC Director, including planning and implementation of UNAOC project activities in the area of youth.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates must submit their resumes or Curriculum Vitae, including a letter of interest via e-mail to [email protected] by 5 PM ET on November 1, 2015.
Kindly indicate the vacancy title in the subject line when applying by email. The first lines of the email application must state the following in this exact format:
Gender: (male / female)
Years of relevant experience:
Degrees / Industry Certifications: (abbreviation and name of school/college/uni).
UNAOC reserves the right to reject any application without the above format in the submission email.
For more information, visit UNAOC Careers
Are you interested in working for UNAOC ? Please visit UNAOC Vacancy for other openings!!