Deadline: November 20, 2015
The ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID)’s Young Professional Program is now open! EBID is an international financial institution owned by the fifteen Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
This program is designed for high calibre young professionals . The selected candidates will be appointed as Young Trainee Professional Staff in the Bank under a two (2)-year fixed term contract. Candidates will observe a probationary period of six (6) months during which each party may terminate the relationship without prior notice. However, where the performance of the Young Trainee Professional Staff is deemed to be satisfactory during the probationary period, their appointment shall be converted into an open-ended contract which means they will be permanent members of staff of the Bank.
During their appointment, the Young Trainee Professional Staff will be posted to different Departments on a rotational basis to make them familiar with activities of the Bank and integrate them into a team where they will make positive contributions. Furthermore, the Trainee Professional Staff will work under the supervision of senior staff in order to become acquainted with the various Departments, Policies and Program of the Bank.
The citizens of ECOWAS Members States who fulfill the following criteria are invited to apply:
- Less than 30 years of age at the time of recruitment;
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification in fields related to activities of the Bank in particular, Asset/Liabilities Management, Audit, Communication and Marketing, Corporate Language Services (Terminology processing, Revising, Interpreting and Translating), Finance, Infrastructure, Legal counselling, film production and photography (Bank projects and communication activities), Private Sector Operations, Public Sector Operations, Risk Management or a qualification in any other area that is relevant to the activities of the Bank;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure within a multicultural environment;
- Analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and determine priorities;
- Good research skills for obtaining pertinent information (banking analysis, statistics, monitoring competitive trends etc.) from external sources in particular, electronic data bases and other media admitted for professional purposes.
- Good knowledge of office automation systems (Excel, Word, Access and Power Point);
- Fluent in English/French/Portuguese with a working knowledge of one of the other two languages.
ECOWAS Member states: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The headquarters of the Bank is in Lome, Togolese Republic.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should forward their application documents to the Bank in paper form. These documents include:
- A detailled curriculum vitae;
- Copy of qualifications obtained;
- Copy of national identity card or passport;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- A letter of motivation indicating reasons for participating in the programme, areas of competence/interest, relevant experience and career prospects.
Forward these documents to:
ECOWAS Bank For Investment & Development (EBID)
Department of Administration and General Services
Young Professionals Recruitment Programme
128, Bd. du 13 janvier BP 2704 Lomé – Togo
For more information, visit EBID Jobs.