Internships at the Embassy of Canada – Berlin, Germany
Deadlines: December 4, 2015, March 11, 2016 and June 10, 2016
Applications are open for three of the four internship offered by the Embassy of Canada in Berlin. The duration of each internship is three months. The internship program is only available on a full-time basis. There is no possibility of employment at the end of the internship. All jobs available at the Embassy are advertised on our home page and subject to competition.
- Support the Political Section by conducting various research tasks (mainly based on internet sources), drafting reports and providing background material concerning current political issues (mostly relating to Germany);
- Perform a daily media scan of Germany’s political environment according to the priorities of the Political Section and draft summaries in English;
- Support the organization of events taking place at the Embassy, as well as official visits to Germany by Canadian delegations or guest speakers.
The internship program is only available on a full-time basis and interns will be paid EUR 450 per month.
- Have completed at least a three-year post-secondary study program (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) in politics, international relations, journalism, translation studies, or any other related subject;
- Have fluency in oral and written German and English;
- Be very knowledgeable about the German political system as well as current foreign and domestic policy issues in Germany and a strong interest in Canadian domestic and foreign policy;
- Have ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating adaptability, attention to detail and organizational skills. Candidates should be able to multitask effectively;
- Possess good computer literacy, internet research experience and willingness to familiarize oneself with the Embassy’s internal computer programs;
- Have knowledge of written and oral French (this is is an asset).
To apply, please send your application, including a cover letter and your CV in English (max. size: 1 MB), to [email protected] Do not attach photos or reference letters.
Applications are open for following internships:
- April 1 until June 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: December 4, 2015
- July 1 until September 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: March 11, 2016
- October 3 until December 30, 2016 – Deadline for applications: June 10, 2016
For more information, visit Internship in Canada.