Deadline: December 4, 2015
Calling Young Leaders in Conservation and Animal Protection! Apply to attend the first Youth Forum for People and Wildlife taking place in Johannesburg, South Africa, from September 17-25, 2016. The Youth Forum organized by the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) takes place in the days leading up to the 17th gathering of the world’s biggest conservation policy making forum, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) .
Twenty young leaders working in animal and conservation-related fields from around the world will connect with experts, explore solutions, and build skills that will help them better understand wildlife conservation issues from multiple perspectives and empower them to become compassionate conservationists.
Are you a passionate conservationist aged 18-25 looking to ensure a future for animals on our planet? Are you committed to working with communities to find solutions enabling people to live and prosper alongside nature? If yes, this Youth Forum is for you.
Cost and Benefits
- Travel and participation costs covered.
- In addition to attending the Youth Forum in-person in September 2016, the selected delegates will engage in learning activities both before and after the event to help them make the most of their experience.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 on 17 September 2016;
- Be willing and available to attend the entire Youth Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa, from September 17-25, 2016;
- Be able to read, understand and speak English proficiently, as determined by IFAW.
- In possession of a valid passport and fulfill all visa requirements for travel to South Africa for the Youth Forum.
- Be willing and able to commit to pre-and post-Youth Forum work requirements as outlined in the Addendum to the Application.
- Be willing and able to participate in media opportunities and promotion of the Youth Forum, such as by providing your photo, biography and quotes for use on our website and by other collaborating organizations.
- Be willing to execute a waiver form to be provided by IFAW; or if under the age of majority in their home country at the time of the Youth Forum to obtain their parent or guardian’s signature on a waiver form to be provided by IFAW.
- Be willing to agree and conform to a code of conduct during the Youth Forum to be provided by IFAW.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate commitment to wildlife, environmental, conservation and/or sustainable community development issues to earn their place at the Forum.
How to Apply
Ready to apply?
Selected Youth Delegates will be announced in March 2016.
For more information, visit Global Youth Forum for People and Wildlife.