Deadline: January 11, 2016
Individuals are invited to apply for the 2016 National Gallery of Art Summer Internship. Since 1964 the National Gallery of Art has offered professional museum training to candidates from all backgrounds through a variety of internship programs.
The nine-week summer internships provide opportunities to work on projects directed by a Gallery curator or department head. Biweekly museum seminars introduce interns to the broad spectrum of museum work, and to Gallery staff, departments, programs, and functions.
- Interns receive a stipend of approximately 4,500 USD that is subject to all applicable taxes.
- Interns, using an authorized public transportation method, will receive an employer-provided fare subsidy to apply toward their monthly transit costs.
Eligibility varies according to internship. A few are geared to undergraduates completing their degrees in May and June 2016, but most are for currently enrolled graduate students of all levels and those graduating in May or June 2016 with a relevant degree (such as MA, MBA, MFA, M Arch, M Ed, JD, or MLS). Please check prerequisites carefully. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This is an international program.
- Complete online application.
- Application must include:
- A writing sample (approximately 20 pages, including footnotes or endnotes, bibliography, and images);
- A full résumé or CV;
- One copy of transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended are required.
For more information, visit National Gallery of Arts Summer Internship.