2016 Vital Voices GROW Fellowship for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: January 31, 2016
Vital Voices invites applications from women business owners for the 2016 Vital Voices GROW Fellowship. The VV GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive one-year accelerator program for women owners of small and medium businesses. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact.
Through global and regional online and in-person trainings, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits.
- 4-7 hours per week of webinars, assignments and calls during the global virtual learning phase (June-September 2016)
- Attending the entirety of the 4-day regional in person training workshop in October
- Active participation in the growth services and support (November 2016 – May 2017)
- Collaboration with Vital Voices on tracking your business growth for up to three years via completion of brief, periodic online surveys
- Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in 5 core areas: business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Access to 12 business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) for one year
- Up to 17 interactive webinars led by expert trainers from across the globe
- Participation in a 4-day in-person, regional training workshop
- A network of women business leaders from across the globe
- Access to highly qualified staff and business consultants
- Opportunities for referrals to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of completion
Vital Voices seeks applications from women business owners from Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa, who:
- Own a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years,
- Employ at least 3 full time staff, and
- Generate at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are motivated to build the skills and make the changes needed to grow your business,
- Have demonstrated leadership within your community
- Have the authority to make critical decisions within your business
- Are excited to participate in a one year business accelerator program, and
- Are willing and committed to have your business growth tracked by Vital Voices for 1 year during the Fellowship, and 2 years afterwards through methods including online surveys and phone calls.
- To apply, fill out the online application for the program.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted for a 1-hour Skype interview.
- All applicants, whether or not selected for an interview, will be notified of a decision by May 2016.
If you encounter questions or problems with the application, please send an email to Caryn Ellis at [email protected] with the subject line: VV GROW Fellowship Application.
For more information, visit VV GROW Fellowship Program.