Apply for the European Young Researchers Award (EYRA) 2016
Deadline: February 1, 2016
Send in applications for the European Young Researchers Awards (EYRA). The EYRA is granted since 2010 to researchers demonstrating outstanding research performance and leadership. It aims to inspire early stage researchers to incorporate a European dimension and perspective into their research. The Award is granted each year; in odd years, the prize is dedicated to PhD candidates, and in even years to post-doctoral fellows.
The following criteria will be used to assess the research:
- The research must have a clear European dimension, either because it is embedded in a collaboration of researchers in different European countries or it is a research project in one European country that addresses a research topic of European added value.
- The research should be of demonstrably excellent quality (publications, prizes, grants, patents, references in newspapers etc.)
- Other criteria that the jury will take into account are: quality of the research results obtained, role in the definition of the research project, inspiration to others (fellow students, members of the research group), outreach to wider audiences.
The Award consists of
- A certificate;
- Waiving the participation fee to ESOF;
- A grant to cover travel and accommodation for the stay in the ESOF city and
- A two years free EuroScience membership.
- Candidates should work in a European country (understood in the geographic sense as defined by Council of Europe’s membership rules), but are not required to have a European nationality.
- The 2016 call is open to young researchers who are presently enrolled in a postdoctoral programme of any kind and who have defended their thesis after January 1st, 2011.
- The application should be in English.
- Application should include:
- Cover page – form to be downloaded, completed and included in the application as cover page available here in PDF, or in Word here;
- Up to two pages A4 describing the research and its European dimension;
- Maximum of two pages CV + one page statement of prizes/awards already received;
- A list of publications, posters for exhibitions, conferences, performances (including concerts for students in performing arts or musicology, etc.)
- The above mentioned documents should be included in a single pdf-file. In addition candidates must supply the names of two scientists and emails in support of the nomination; each of them should be asked to write and send directly to: [email protected] their support letter of no more than two pages A4, commenting on the quality of the candidate in the context of the criteria listed above.
- These two letters should be from individuals well qualified in the field, at least one of whom not associated with the research itself.