2016/17 Macedonia Media Leaders Program – Fully-Funded
Deadline: December 18, 2015
The Macedonia Media Leaders Program (MMLP) is a professional development program for journalists and media professionals from Macedonia. MMLP strives to strengthen media in Macedonia by working with media professionals in fostering leadership skills, developing media professionalism, and expanding professional networks.
Media professionals selected for the MMLP will participate in four-month fellowships in the United States. The 2016-2017 program will take place between August and December of 2016, and will include fellowship with U.S. host institution, Media and Leadership training and networking opportunities.
The program covers
- J-1 visa support;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.;
- Living allowance to cover housing, meals, and incidentals.
- Be a citizen of Macedonia;
- Be currently living in Macedonia at the time of application;
- Have at least two years of professional experience as a journalist or media professional at the time of application;
- Be able to begin the program in the United States in August of 2016, and is committed to returning to Macedonia for a period of two years after completion of the program;
- Be able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa;
- Be proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- Submit completed application and all additional required documents to [email protected]
- In addition to the completed program application, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae, written in English;
- One letter of recommendation from your current or previous supervisor, written in English. The letter must be signed and on organizational letterhead, if available. Letters of recommendation written by the applicant himself/herself will not be accepted;
- If applying as a journalist, two samples of previously published work. The samples can be submitted in their original language.