Apply to Be a Delegate at G(irls)20 Summit – China 2016 (fully-funded)
Deadline: January 30, 2016
Apply to represent your country at the 7th Annual G(irls)20 Summit, taking place in China, the 2016 G20 Host Country. Designed G20 style, the G(irls)20 Summit brings together one female delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region. The G(irls)20 Summit is a response to the G20 Leader’s commitment of 2014 to create 100 million new jobs for women by 2025.
During the Summit, delegates attend skills building workshops (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in panel discussion with local and global experts, and then produce a communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards increase FLFP. The communiqué is presented to G20 Leaders for their consideration.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
The 2016 G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China next August. A delegate from each G20 country, as well as the African & European Union, Pakistan, Afghanistan & MENA region, will be selected to represent their country.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
- Deadline to submit complete applications: January 15th, 2016, Midnight (EST);
- Applications will be reviewed by the G(irls)20 Global Advisory & Partners;
- Two finalists from each country will be selected and contacted by mid February, 2016. Phone interviews will be held shortly thereafter (only those selected for an interview will be contacted); and,
- G(irls)20 2016 Final Delegates will be announced March 8th, 2016 on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
For more information and to apply, visit G(irls)20 Summit.