2016-17 Visiting Research Fellowships For Africans -University of Cambridge
Deadline: January 15, 2016
The Centre of African Studies, with the generous assistance of the A.G. Leventis Foundation, is pleased to announce two Visiting Research Fellowships to be held at the University of Cambridge. The aim of the Fellowships is to enable the fellows to focus on a period of research and writing in Cambridge
- Each award is worth up to £14,000, out of which travel, college accommodation, maintenance costs and medical insurance will be paid by the Centre on behalf of the fellow. The Centre is not able to provide additional sums for the travel and living expenses of anyone accompanying the Fellow to Cambridge.
- Fellows will have access, by agreement, to the holdings of Faculty and Departmental libraries, to the library of the Centre of African Studies and to the University Library, which houses the extensive collection of materials relating to the history of the Commonwealth formerly housed in the Royal Commonwealth Society Library in London.
- Applications are invited from candidates in all the disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree before the Fellowship start date. Preference will be given to candidates with a distinguished research profile commensurate with their academic rank. Early- to mid-career researchers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Offers are normally made to applicants who are permanent residents in Africa.
How to Apply
This application package contains the following:
- a copy of the notice of award;
- guidance on the information required in your curriculum vitae;
- guidance on the type of project details required;
- guidance for you to pass to your referees.
Your application must include the following:
- your curriculum vitae including details of publications;
- your project details;
- a photocopy of your PhD certificate (if applicable);
- a photocopy of your passport;
- two references to be sent directly by your referees to the Director, University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies, Alison Richard Building, 7 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DT, UK. E-mail: [email protected]
Completed applications must be sent either by e-mail or in hard copy to: E-mail: [email protected]
University of Cambridge
Centre of African Studies
Alison Richard Building
7 West Road
Cambridge CB3 9DT
For more information, visit Centre of African Studies Fellowships.