Deadline: December 31, 2015
A Global Programme Coordination Intern is needed at the UNV headquarters in Germany. The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is the UN organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Intern will assist with data collection, organization of workshops, communications, outreach and program coordination activities.
- Education: Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) and current enrollment in a Master’s degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible;
- Field of study: Development-related fields such as economics, international relations, anthropology, sociology, public or business administration, or environmental studies. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment;
- Language skills: Written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably in an additional official UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Chinese);
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and the work of international organisations.
- Previous experience in:- organization of workshops/ events
– partnership building and stakeholder consultations
– and/ or communications and campaign management
– and/ or research and policy development as well as experience in developing countries is desirable. – Knowledge of the UN work environment an advantage.
- Enthusiastic about the role of youth volunteerism and participation in peace and development and ready to learn.
- Experience in non – formal education an asset.
- Good oral and written communications skills and demonstrated research abilities and interest
- Internet proficiency as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience with the development of statistics, charts in Excel and Web 2.0 tools (especially socialnetworking) an asset.
- Experience in volunteering a strong asset.
- General understanding of the work and mission of the UNV programme, the role of stakeholders and partners at national and global level and of volunteerism’s contribution to development effectiveness;
- Insight and hands-on experience in UNV’s role in facilitating and promoting the project;
- Insight and hands-on experience in organizing and running complex projects; and
- Becoming more familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment.
How to Apply
Applications (Application form [MS Word]**, CV and a short paragraph on your motivation in English) should be sent via e-mail to [email protected]
** Application form is at the bottom of the page.
For more information visit UNV Internship.