Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (US$20,000 Cash + Benefits)
Deadline: Varies (based on locations)
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a for-profit business while attending college of university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Qualifying competitions are held in cities and countries worldwide, with the 2016 Global Finals competition will be held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- You must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation.
- Your business must be structured ‘for-profit’ and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition. *
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- And PRIZES!! The Global Finals competition awards US$20,000, plus donated business products and services, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more!
At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Bangkok, Thailand. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the online GSEA Application form
See geographical deadlines!
For more information, visit GSEA