Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Program 2015/16 – Win $20k and a trip to Thailand
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is now accepting entries for the 2016 Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA). GSEA is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete against their peers from around the world for the chance to advance to the Global Finals, held in May 2016 in Bangkok, Thailand, win capital and in-kind prizes from sponsor organizations.
With more than 1,700 competitors from more than 30 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses! It supports student entrepreneurs through mentorship, recognition and connections.
At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Bangkok, Thailand. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Did we mention PRIZES? The Global Finals competition awards US$20,000, plus donated business products and services, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more!
The EO Global Student Entrepreneur Awards welcomes nominations from any country around the globe!
- You must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation.
- Your business must be structured ‘for-profit’ and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition. *
Part 1: Evaluate the Entrepreneur
- EO Core Value #1 – Boldly Go – Is the student taking smart risks and evolving to meet changing circumstances?
- EO Core Value #2 – Thirst for Learning – Is the student seeking out expert advice and wisdom, and proactively growing their own knowledge? Are they naturally curious?
- EO Core Value #3 – Make a Mark – Is the student innovating, planning for the future and distinguishing him/herself from the field? Is he/she taking a long view rather than just quick wins?
- EO Core Value #4 – Trust and Respect – Does the student hold him/herself to a high standard of integrity in all aspects life and business? Does he/she strive to do the right thing even when it’s hard?
- EO Core Value #5 – Cool – Does the student have a unique personal identity that he/she brings to the business? Is he/she living their values and writing their own story?
- Has the student demonstrated a knowledge of strong business fundamentals and shown that they are in practice in the business? Has he/she provided information relating to the growth, revenue and profit of the business?
- Has the student effectively communicated the business and its vision?
- Regional & Local Competitions will be held in countries across the USA, Canada, LAC, South Asia, Europe, Middle East, Pakistan, Africa and Asia Pacific. Find more information about the competition deadline for your region.
- The 2016 GSEA Finals will take place in Bangkok, Thailand in May 2016.
For the first time, the GSEA Global Finals will be held together with the Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s largest event – the Global Leadership Conference. Fifty students from fifty countries will join together with 1,300 entrepreneurs from around the world for three days of learning, celebration and competition. It’s going to be huge!
How to Enter
Student entrepreneurs compete through qualifying competitions to win their shot at going head to head against the best student entrepreneurs in the world at the EO GSEA Global Finals.
- Fill out the online application at Apply Now
- If selected to compete, someone from GSEA will contact you to give you further information on the location of the competition and how to prepare.
For more information, visit Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Program.