Deadline: January 11, 2016
The 2016 Associated Press Global News General Assignment Internship Program is now open to applicants. This internship is a paid, highly selective, 12-week individually tailored training program for students who are aspiring cross-format journalists. Interns will receive training and experience in video and at least one other format (text, photos and interactive/graphics).
Interns will work in an AP bureau under the supervision of a designated trainer. They will cover breaking news and complete a final enterprise project working across multiple formats that may be featured in many media outlets around the world.
- U.S. internships are being offered in Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, New York, Washington, D.C.
- International internships are being offered in Amman, Bangkok, London, Mexico City, Moscow, New Delhi, Seoul and Tokyo.
The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who will graduate December 2015 or later.
How to Apply
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: “The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern.”
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Five to seven examples of your video work (links to a website of your video work are highly preferred).
- Three to five examples of clips, photos and interactive/graphics (links to a website of your photos, clips and multimedia work are highly preferred).
- A reference letter from a prior internship or employer.
- All application materials should be uploaded simultaneously, including the reference letter.
All application materials should be submitted online at http://careers.ap.org.