Global Editors Network (GEN) Data Journalism Awards 2016
Deadline: April 10, 2016
The Global Editors Network (GEN) invites entries for the 5th Data Journalism Awards competition. The Data Journalism Awards are the first international awards recognising outstanding work in the field of data journalism worldwide.
The prizes for the DJA 2016 are worth 1,000€ each and will be awarded at a special ceremony at the Vienna City Hall during the sixth annual GEN Summit on 16 June 2016.
- Data visualisation of the year (large newsroom)
- Data visualisation of the year (small newsroom)
- Investigation of the year (large newsroom)
- Investigation of the year (small newsroom)
- News data app of the year (large newsroom)
- News data app of the year (small newsroom)
- Data journalism website of the year
- Best individual portfolio
- Best use of data in a breaking news story, within first 36 hours
- Open data award
- General excellence (Jurors’ Choice)
- Public choice
The Data Journalism Awards rewards outstanding work in the field of data journalism in any media worldwide. They reward examples of data-driven investigations, data-driven applications and storytelling with data visualisation, which cover matters relevant to society and aim to have an impact at a societal level.
- Media companies, non-profit organisations and freelancers or individuals are all eligible for the Data Journalism Awards.
- Works produced by individuals or teams of staffers from media companies and non-profit organisations, as well as freelancers or individuals are all eligible for entry.
- Works that are the result of a collaboration between organisations may also be submitted.
- Those works produced by staffers or freelancers collaborating with government agencies, business or trade organisations with a stake (financial or of other nature) in the issue at hand are not eligible.
- Works that include significant input from the members of the jury will not be accepted for entry into the competition.
For more information, visit