Global Development Awards Competition 2016- Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Applications are now open for the Global Development Awards Competition 2016. The Awards Competition recognises excellence in policy-oriented research, supports research capacity development of researchers in developing countries and funds innovative social development projects benefiting marginalised groups in the developing world.
Comprised of two categories, the first is the Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD). The link to the other category can be found here.
It is a competitive research grant program that identifies and funds outstanding research proposals submitted by researchers from developing countries and transition economies that have a high relevancy for policy implications. All research proposals must focus on the topic of “Education for Development: Quality & Inclusion for Changing Global Human Capital Needs”. Proposals are considered in the following sub-themes-
- Skills for Tomorrow
- Public Finance and Public Policy
- Pedagogy, Technology and Institutions
- Research and Policy
- First prize: US $30,000
- Second Prize: US $10,000
- Third Prize: US $5,000
- Open only to researchers who are nationals of an eligible country (Those classified as low-income or middle income countries. For a complete list, see here.)
- Open to citizens of eligible countries who are temporarily based in a non-eligible country but not for more than five years as of 15 January, 2016.
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years as of 15 January, 2016.
- Staff members of multilateral and bilateral organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Previous and current employees of GDN or its RNPs are not eligible to apply up till 5 years from the completion of their tenure.
- Previous GDN Board Members, project mentors and members of evaluation teams are not eligible to apply
- Similar proposals or papers resulting as products from full or partial GDN funded activities cannot be submitted for this competition.
- Past ORD winners and finalists are not eligible to apply with the same or similar research proposal. Winners are not eligible to apply for a period of 3 years subsequent to their submission of a successful proposal.
- Past and current AMC reviewers are not eligible to take part in the competition.
How to Apply
Apply online from this webpage. A full application requires a completed online registration form, a full research proposal and a CV.
For more information, visit the Global Development Awards Competition webpage.