Deadline: January 10, 2016
The Nizami Ganjavi International Center is now accepting applications for participation in the 4th Global Baku Forum – Young Leaders Program. They will be hosting 20 young leaders to participate in the Global Baku Forum titled “Towards a Multipolar World” to be held on 10-11th March 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Throught NGIC’s first three years in existence, our meetings have brought together more than 100 current and former heads of State and Government, and hundreds of leaders from the public, private sectors and civil society. Global Baku Forum has already become premier event in the region, providing an opportunity for distinguished leaders and thinkers to discuss the ways and means to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
All the expenses of the confirmed participants will be taken care of by the organizers (visa; air ticket; accommodation and meals).
- Open to promising young leaders from around the world between ages 18-27
- Participants will include 10 international and 10 Azerbaijani young leaders
Interested candidates will participate in a rigorous and thorough selection process, designed to identify the most promising young leaders from around the world. Selection Committee includes former presidents and globally acknowledged scholars.
The process includes essay competition:
- Leadership Essay (up to 500 words): Describe one specific example where you exercised leadership. The essay should examine your personal characteristics that constitute your potential for leadership including: the ability to anticipate upcoming trends; the ability to inspire others to join in an effort to create change; and the character, values, and determination to persevere despite difficult and changing circumstances; or any other personal characteristics that you think are key to your success as a leader.
- Current Affairs Essay (up to 500 words): Choose an issue in contemporary social, international, business, environmental, diplomatic, arts, or other policy that is of interest to you. This essay should lay out the current factors and trends influencing the topic and make a realistic recommendation of how local, national, or international leaders should intervene to contribute to a more peaceful and prosperous future.
How to Apply
- To apply, send your essays and CVs to: [email protected].
- Finalists will be notified by 5th of February of 2016.
For more information, visit 4th Global Baku Forum.