Apply to attend the Yenching Global Symposium 2016 – Beijing, China (fully-funded)
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Applications are open for the 2016 Yenching Global Symposium (YGS) in China. Hosted on the Peking University campus from March 24-26, 2016, the three-day event will bring together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest: China. It will comprise engaging lectures, panel discussions, and interactive sessions about China’s impact on the world and the influence that the world has on China.
It will feature prominent Chinese and international scholars, along with leading professionals from a wide range of fields. These leaders of today will share their insights with their potential counterparts: 200 students and young professionals from around the world with a noted passion for China in their work and research.
If you’re selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover your return flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event. Delegates have to bear visa expenses (if any) and are advised to carry some money for personal expenses, sightseeing etc.
- Global Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a university. Students must be under 30 years old with a strong demonstrated interest in China;
- Innovation Leaders: Young professionals under 30 years of age with a strong demonstrated interest in China and demonstrated leadership skills;
- Peking University graduate students: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at PKU. Students should be under 30 years old, be fluent in English, and have a demonstrated interest in China’s interactions with the world.
- Delegates must be under 30 years old.
- Delegates can be young professionals or graduate students (post-graduate / Master’s degree and higher).
- A diverse group of delegates from around the world from different disciplines will be recruited.
- Delegates must be enthusiastic with motivation for the Symposium’s vision.
- Delegates should have a strong, demonstrated interest in China.
- You are required to submit a CV, a short essay (maximum 300 words) and a short motivation statement (maximum 200 words).
- Non-native speakers of English can also choose to include their TOEFL/IELTS scores in their applications.
Note: By applying as a Global Scholar, Innovation Leader or Peking University graduate student, you are agreeing to be available in Beijing for the entirety of the conference, from March 24-26, 2016. International delegates must arrive at the latest by the day before the symposium, on March 23, 2016. If selected, we will be in touch with you to make the flight arrangements. Since applications are competitive, they will only accept applicants with full availability during this time.
For more information and to apply, visit Yenching Global Symposium.