The Diplomacy and Diversity Fellowship 2016 for Young Professionals
Deadline: January 13, 2016
Young professionals and graduates are invited to apply to the Diplomacy and Diversity Fellowship is a transatlantic educational program from Humanity in Action. This is a four-week graduate fellowship program in Washington, DC, Berlin and Warsaw designed to develop leadership skills and knowledge among graduate students aspiring to careers in foreign policy.
Over four weeks, 24 American and European graduate students meet with leaders in government, business and academia. Fellows will travel to Washington, DC, Berlin and Warsaw to study how American and European governments and societies are responding to a wide range of international issues. The program seeks to promote constructive diplomacy in a changing world through innovative and inclusive approaches.
The 2016 Diplomacy and Diversity Fellowship will take place for four weeks in June 2016 in Washington, Berlin and Warsaw.
- Open to young professionals and students in graduate programs in the United States, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Turkey and Ukraine.
- All applicants should be pursuing a career in a field such as diplomacy, security, international relations, development, public health, trade and economics, climate and environmental policy, media or non-profit management.
- Applicants should possess relevant work experience.
- All participants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants from non-traditional international affairs academic disciplines–such as business, law, health and environmental sciences–are encouraged to apply.
- Veterans and applicants of minority backgrounds are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Each prospective applicant must meet all eligibility criteria associated with his/her country.
- Applicants must reside in, currently study in or hold citizenship of the United States.
- Applicants must be students currently enrolled in graduate or advanced professional programs (master’s, doctorate, MD, JD, MBA, etc.) or enrolled at some point in the calendar year of 2015. (For example, applicants who graduated in May 2015 are eligble to apply.)
- Applicants must reside in, currently study in or hold citizenship of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Turkey or Ukraine.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled students or recent graduates meeting one of the following criteria:
- Students currently enrolled in graduate or advanced professional programs (master’s, doctorate, LLM, MBA, etc.) or enrolled at some point in the calendar year of 2015;
- OR Professionals who graduated from such programs in 2013 or 2014 are also eligible to apply.
Successful applicants for the Diplomacy and Diversity Fellowship will possess the following traits:
- Intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative spirit
Candidates applying from U.S. universities must pay an application fee of $40.00 USD. Their applications will not be filed for consideration by the Selection Committee until Humanity in Action has received payment. Candidates from universities in other countries are not required to pay the application fee.
For more information, visit Diplomacy and Diversity Fellowship.