Climate Adaptation Leadership Award for Natural Resources 2016
Deadline: January 22, 2016
Nominations are now invited for the 2016 Climate Adaptation Leadership Award for Natural Resources. The award recognizes outstanding leadership in safeguarding wildlife and natural resources against climate change. It was developed to recognize and incentivize exemplary efforts by federal, state, tribal, local, and non-governmental entities to reduce climate-related threats and promote adaptation of the nation’s natural resources and the people that depend on them.
The Award will recognize outstanding leadership by organizations and/or individuals to advance the resilience of living natural resources (fish, wildlife and plants) in a changing climate by helping address the goals of the National Fish, Wildlife, and Plants Climate Adaptation Strategy.
Three to five Awards are expected to be given in the first year (2016).
Each Award will consist of a personalized plaque and be publicly announced through a variety of venues.
- Both government (federal, state, tribal, and local) and non-governmental organizations are eligible.
- Individuals and organizations may submit nominations. Self-nominations and third party nominations are acceptable.
- Individuals and organizations should be based in the United States and focus primarily on U.S. resources.
- Individual and organizations can represent sectors other than natural resources (air, forests, soils, water, fish, wildlife and plants), but must demonstrate how their work has tangible impacts on natural resources conservation.
- Nominations may be for efforts that are ongoing or recently completed.
The Climate Adaptation Leadership Award for Natural Resources is designed to specifically recognize efforts that demonstrate outstanding leadership for advancing the resilience of the nation’s living natural resources. Projects must address one or more of the goals identified in the Strategy.
Nominations will be reviewed and ranked based on the following criteria:
- PROACTIVE: Promotes preparation and response in ways that advance the resilience of natural resources in a changing climate.
- INNOVATIVE/TRANSFORMATIVE: Develops and/or applies innovative tools/approaches to advance the resilience of natural resources in a changing climate.
- RESULTS/EFFECTIVENESS: Employs highly effective proven strategies and/or obtains results in improving resilience of natural resources and/or resource-dependent communities to a changing climate.
- REPLICATION: Project is being replicated elsewhere or has high potential for replication (e.g., across regions, sectors or nation-wide).
- COLLABORATIVE: Demonstrates outstanding collaboration to advance the resilience of natural resources in a changing climate.
- Download and fill out the nomination form below to nominate a group or individual for the Climate Adaptation Leadership Award.
- You may submit up to ten pages of additional supporting documentation such as resumes or CVs, articles, publications, reports, book excerpts and other materials that provide relevant support to the nomination.
- Please submit these materials as attachments along with your Nomination Form to [email protected] with the subject line”Climate Adaptation Leadership Award”.
Awardees will be notified in April 2016. Winners will be recognized at an Awards Presentation to be announced in Spring 2016.
For more information, visit Climate Adaptation Leadership Award.