Swedish Institute Management Programme 2016 for Africa, Europe and Asia
Applications are now open for the Swedish Institute Management programme (SIMP). This is a unique executive management programme for managers from Africa, Europe and Asia, focusing on successful and sustainable businesses and building on corporate responsibility. The programme offers a combination of theory and practice, including advanced business-related problem-solving, seminars and meetings with prominent experts in the commercial, political and cultural fields, as well as company visits.
About the SIM Programme
The aim of the programme is to build a network consisting of people interested in the process of promoting enhanced relations and business cooperation between Sweden, Africa, Europe and Asia. The programme comprises of three weeks of intensive work spread over approximately four months, allowing the participants:
- to understand the nature and business potential of Corporate Responsibility and to test Corporate Responsibility tools applicable to their own company
- to widen their personal and professional network both in Sweden and in their home countries
- to deepen their knowledge of modern international business and increase their cultural awareness
During the programme, the participant will work closely with management level in a Swedish company/public administration on real time case studies to understand how they are dealt with currently in the respective organisations and what best practices can be taken back.
- International network of companies and future top management
- Access to the knowledge of top leaders in business and the public sector
- Insights in corporate responsibility
- Increased personal competitiveness on a global level
- Management training, tools and contacts for personal development
- An enlarged perspective on Corporate Responsibility through a world angle
- Increased understanding of Corporate Responsibility and its linkages to business at a global level
- Exclusive management training of key personnel
- Exposure to business opportunities in other markets
- Positive international exposure of the company brand
The entire program fee is sponsored by the Swedish institute. Some cost for travel may accure.
- Candidate must be citizen of the SIMP countries in Africa, Asia and Europe
- Should preferably be working for a local organization/company or running their own enterprise in of one of the selected countries*
- Should be in a position to drive decisions and formulate strategies for the business – mid or senior level management
- Interested in finding new, innovative ways to integrate social, environmental and ethical concerns into their core business models
Please note that applications are currently open for Africa and Northern Europe.