University of Zurich Mobility Grant 2016 for Africans to Study in Switzerland
Deadline: February 15, 2016
Applications are now accepted for the University of Zurich Mobility Grant. The North South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH), in collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg, is awarding grants to up to three mobility students from African universities for the academic year 2016-17. The grants can be used to study one or two semesters at UZH.
Grants are only awarded if a professor at UZH guarantees supervision and has a strong interest in working with the mobility student’s home institution.
The grant covers the following costs:
- Travel expenses up to CHF 1,500 for a flight to and from Switzerland
- Up to CHF 400 per semester for German language classes at UZH
- Monthly allowance for living costs, study materials, and insurance:
- For students in a Master’s degree program: CHF 1400 (CHF 900 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- For PhD students: CHF 1700 (CHF 1200 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
- Accommodations and breakfast are offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
Please note: If the grant holder leaves Switzerland more than ten days before the end date of the mobility grant, the monthly allowance will be paid pro rata (e.g. if the grant holder leaves 3 weeks early, the last grant installment will only cover ¼ month).
- The main applicant must be a full professor at UZH.
- The mobility student must be enrolled as a Master’s degree student or PhD student at an African institution of higher education and research during the planned stay at UZH.
- Contacts must already be established between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student’s home institution.
- Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home institution
- Academic achievement of the mobility student
- Motivation of the mobility student in choosing UZH
- Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute
- Applications must be submitted by an UZH professors. Incomplete applications and applications handed in directly by mobility students will not be considered.
- Please submit the completed application form and all required documents to the Coordinator North-South – Dr. Sara Elmer, Coordinator North-South, Phone: +41 44 634 45 89 – [email protected]
Applications for the academic year 2016/17 must be submitted by 15 February 2016at the Coordination Center North South. The decision on awarding the grants will be announced by 4 April 2016.
For more information, visit University of Zurich Mobility Grant.