5th ASEM Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum 2016 – Prague, Czech Republic (All Expenses Paid)
Deadline: January 22, 2016
The open call for application for the 5th ASEM Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC) is now open. The Forum is taking place from 4-7 April 2016 at the Charles University Prague, Czech Republic. The ARC is a bi-annual conference series that brings together hundreds of Asian and European student, university and business leaders for solution-oriented discussions on emerging higher education issues concerning both regions.
Themed “Employability: Asia and Europe Prepare the New Generation”, the 5th ASEM Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC5) focuses on employability skills.
Are you keen on contributing to policy proposals for higher education challenges in Asia and Europe? Are you interested in exploring the roles which universities and businesses play alongside governments in preparing the new generation for the labour market? Do you have innovative solutions to develop employability skills for the youth? Take the opportunity and join ARC5 to share your thoughts and answers with university and business leaders and, ultimately, with the Ministers of Education from 51 Asian and European countries.
There is no registration or participation fee. The organizers provide accommodation, meals and a travel subsidy for the selected participants.
What awaits you:
- Participate in Plenary and Working Group sessions with inspiring keynote speakers and mentors from the education, business and government sector
- Gain insights into the policy decision-making of the ASEM Education Process, as well as universities’ and employers’ perspectives on employability skills
- Collaborate and exchange views with your peers from 51 countries
- Fine-tune your soft skills and knowledge that will benefit your academic, professional and personal life
- Raise questions, share solutions, and network with over 150 rectors, business leaders and government representatives
- Citizens of the 51 ASEM member countries listed below
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) between 18- 30 years old
- Strong command in verbal and written English
- Ready to participate in the online-preparatory phase prior to the ARC5 Students’ Forum
The Forum is organised in conjunction with the 5th ASEM Rectors’ Conference (ARC5).
ASEM brings together 51 member countries:
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, the Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and Viet Nam.
For more information, visit ASEM Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum.