Deadline: April 15, 2016
Code For Africa is pleased to announce the launch of its impactAFRICA initiative. impactAFRICA is Africa’s largest fund for data-driven storytelling. This new initiative offers $500,000 in support for pioneering data journalism and innovative reporting that tackles development issues, such as public healthcare, in six African countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia. This initiative is intended to spur newsroom experimentation and innovative storytelling, while also encouraging more evidence-based public discourse.
- impactAFRICA is open to applications from teams of journalists or news innovators from all across the world.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- impactAFRICA is offering $500,000 in support for finalists and winners.
- impactAFRICA offers comprehensive support programme, that includes webinars, workshops, mentoring and technology support. The support consists of more than just cash prizes. impactAFRICA will offer support from Code for Africa’s software labs in all six participating countries, to help finalists build digital/mobile prototypes of their projects.
- Finalists will also get access to data analysts and design experts to help them transform their projects into dynamic interactive multimedia stories.
- Finalists will be flown to the pan-African MediaParty in Cape Town in May 2016, for an intensive StoryCamp to help showshop their projects.
How to Apply
Complete online application here.