CAS President’s International Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers (Funded)
Deaadline: September 1, 2016
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) offers a package of international fellowships, collectively called the “CAS President’s International Fellowship Initiative (PIFI)”, to support highly-qualified international scientists and postgraduate students to work and study at CAS institutions and strengthen their scientific collaboration with CAS researchers.
The CAS President’s International Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers supports promising young international scientists to conduct research at CAS-affiliated institutions for 1-2 years. CAS offers an annual salary to postdoctoral researchers to cover living expenses and health insurance in China.
- Each selected awardee will receive a pre-tax stipend of ￥200,000 per year.
- In addition, the fellowship provides an economy-class round-trip international travel.
- Be citizens of a country which has diplomatic relations with China;
- Hold a PhD in natural or technological sciences;
- Be under the age of 40;
- Have a recommendation from a CAS host researcher;
- Be able to communicate well with the CAS host researcher;
- Present a collaborative research proposal prepared in cooperation with the CAS host institution.
- Identify an appropriate CAS host researcher working as a faculty member at a CAS-affiliated host institution.
- Work out a short-term visitor’s program or research proposal with the CAS host researcher before completing the application form.
Before submitting, the following documents should be prepared:
- Application form in English;
- A recent passport-sized digital photograph (in color);
- Copy of passport data page;
- Personal CV in English (including education and work experience);
- Copy of the highest obtained educational diploma/degree certificate, and/or professional qualification certificates;
- Research proposal, including objective, detailed description of project, timetable and reasons for the collaboration;
- One recommendation letter from CAS host researcher, in Chinese;
- Two recommendation letters from two professors in relevant fields (one of whom should be the applicant’s former PhD supervisor)
- Send your application form and all material to your CAS host researcher and he/she will take responsibility to submit your application via the online application system. Applications submitted by individuals will NOT be accepted;
- If the applicant intends to cooperate with more than one CAS institution, it is the responsibility of the main host institution to submit the application.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Bureau of International Cooperation
Chinese Academy of Sciences
52 Sanlihe Road, Xicheng District, Beijing 100864, China
Tel: +86-10-6859 7521
Fax: +86-10-6851 1095
Email: [email protected]
Or visit CAS PIFI for Postdoctoral Researchers.