ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women 2016 – $25,000 award and more
Deadline: April 1, 2016
Applications are now open for the 2016 ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize for Women. The annual prize is awarded by USAID and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN, in partnership with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and UL. The Prize seeks to identify and recognize ASEAN-based, early to mid-career woman scientists less than 40 year of age whose research focuses on sustainable energy.
The Prize aims to:
- Support and recognize promising, early to mid-career women scientists pursuing scientific career in the ASEAN region; and
- Encourage intra-ASEAN and ASEAN-U.S. collaboration around materials science research to enable sustainable energy
- Inspire young women in the ASEAN region to pursue STEM careers
Up to ten finalists will be identified and promoted, and one winner will receive:
- $25,000 award
- Separate provision of travel/lodging to attend an award ceremony at an October ASEAN ministerial meeting.
- Female citizens and residents of an ASEAN member state
- Ph.D. degree graduates
- Scientists under 40 years of age at the start of the open application period
- Applicants whose research focuses on sustainable energy
More details on eligibility requirements here.
For more information, visit ASEAN-U.S. Science Prize.