CAS President’s International Fellowship for Distinguished Scientists
Deadline: September 1, 2016
The CAS President’s International Fellowship for Distinguished Scientists supports leading international scientists to conduct a lecture tour at CAS for 1-2 weeks. Each professor is invited to visit at least two CAS-affiliated institutions (research institutes or universities) to lecture and interact with CAS researchers and postgraduate students. He or she is also expected to host CAS postdoctoral researchers at CAS expenses at his or her lab for a research stay of 1-3 months.
- This fellowship provides each awardee with a stipend of ￥50,000 per week, to cover all expenses for this lecture tour, including a round-trip international airfare, accommodation, meals, transportation and honorarium.
- Candidates should be well established and internationally recognized scientists in their respective research fields, having obtained outstanding scientific accomplishment and prestigious international honors, awards or prizes.
- Identify an appropriate CAS host researcher working as a faculty member at a CAS-affiliated host institution.
- Work out a short-term visitor’s program or research proposal with the CAS host researcher before completing the application form.
Before submitting, the following documents should be prepared:
- Application form in English;
- A recent passport-sized digital photograph (in color);
- Copy of passport data page;
- Personal CV in English (including education and work experience);
- Copy of the highest obtained educational diploma/degree certificate, and/or professional qualification certificates;
- Research proposal, including objective, detailed description of project, timetable and reasons for the collaboration;
- One recommendation letter from CAS host researcher, in Chinese.
- Send your application form and all material to your CAS host researcher and he/she will take responsibility to submit your application via the online application system. Applications submitted by individuals will NOT be accepted;
- If the applicant intends to cooperate with more than one CAS institution, it is the responsibility of the main host institution to submit the application.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Bureau of International Cooperation
Chinese Academy of Sciences
52 Sanlihe Road, Xicheng District, Beijing 100864, China
Tel: +86-10-6859 7521
Fax: +86-10-6851 1095
Email: [email protected]