Deadline: February 15, 2016
Habitat for Humanity Young Leaders Build 2016 (HYLB) brings together youth from across Asia-Pacific to support families in need of decent housing. Young people volunteer, fundraise and speak out for the need for decent homes as a way out of poverty and toward self-sustainability. For the first time, HYLB 2016 will launch an Advocacy Grant Application.
The aims are to:
- Incentivize youth organization/groups to undertake advocacy activities during HYLB by offering an advocacy micro grant of US$250.00.
- Motivate young people to be advocates of housing issues, leveraging their HYLB participation to strengthen Habitat for Humanity’s advocacy activities.
- Encourage young people to raise public awareness on housing issues they face and offer possible solutions how to address the challenges through change of system, policies or procedure.
- Provide a platform for young people to influence housing policies through various means.
- Grant supports at least 40 innovative advocacy projects with a grant amount of $250 per accepted application. The grant amount will be used to implement the proposed activity.
- Open to youth organization and groups.
- Habitat for Humanity national organizations can facilitate and encourage local youth organizations, Campus Chapters and schools to apply, and help develop the advocacy project.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until funds are expended.
- Youth groups and organization applying for the grant must completely fill-out the grant application form.
- Send your proposal to [email protected] or [email protected].
- Deadline of application is on 15 February 2016, 6:00pm Manila time.