Summer Research Internship 2016 -Columbia Business School
Deadline: March 1, 2016
Columbia Business School is seeking outstanding applications for the 2016 Summer Research Internship program. The highly selective program provides an intellectually stimulating environment and exposes the students to the world of business research. Several of the top interns have gone on to leading MS and PhD programs in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, and Data Sciences. Many been selected to join CBS full-time as a full-time Research Associate.
Under the guidance of Columbia Business School’s leading faculty, interns will take an active role on a research project in one of the following areas: finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics.
This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply.
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and may require knowledge of a scripting language such Python
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program runs from May 29, 2016 – August 1, 2016 (final dates to be determined). On-campus housing and a stipend will be provided.
How to Apply
Complete the CBS internship online application.
- Cover letter
- Recommendation Letter
- Test scores
For more information, visit CBS’s Summer Internship Opening